Access All Areas are looking for dedicated, caring musicians to volunteer on our multi-sensory music and movement project for people with profound and multiple learning disabilities, 'Spinning Wheel'.
We run weekly term-time workshops in Hackney, as well as going directly into care homes to deliver workshops to residents. Using our unique methodology in music and movement, we focus on enjoyment, engagement and each individual’s creativity.
If you would like to talk to us about volunteering with Spinning Wheel, get in touch with Lucy:
0207 613 6445
We are committed to ensuring that our volunteers learn new skills, receive training, and are fully involved in our company.
If you have any questions or know of any dates that you are available, please contact us and ask for Lucy.
Phone: 0207 613 6445
Volunteers are vital to the successful running of workshops and public performances at Access All Areas.
As a volunteer you can expect to:
- Work with inspiring, creative and motivated drama enthusiasts and professional actors.
- Actively participate in drama, movement and music workshops and public performances.
- Learn more about the drama industry from the point of view of an adult with learning disabilities.
Suitable for people with an interest or background in drama/dance and working with people with learning disabilities.
Please see below for more information about our Performance Making Diploma Volunteers.
We are also always looking for support in our office. If you want to give a few hours to help promote our shows or keep up to date with admin, please get in touch.
If you would like to learn more please email Lucy: firstname.lastname@example.org
We run a Performance Making Diploma based at Royal Central School of Speech and Drama for up to 15 students every year. As part of this project, we need Creative Enablers to ensure our students are able to collaborate and develop their ideas with an understanding of how they can progress as artists when the course finishes.
Since January, the students have been learning new devising techniques and developing their personal performance aesthetic. Your role will be to support and provide creative assistance to enable them to develop their own performance work.
As a creative enabler you will:
- Learn how to support people create work.
- Gain professional collaborations.
- Develop a link with a future Performance Artist with Learning Disabilities.
- Strong communication skills, and an understanding of accessible communication.
- Previous experience in a creative environment, preferably the theatre.
- Flexibility in their working hours
- Understand the process of a mutual sharing- learning from each other.
- Current and up-to date DBS check.
We are currently developing our new strategic plan after a period of rapid growth and achievement. To aid us with this process and help us remain sustainable and efficient into the future, we are particularly looking for a trustee with the following areas of expertise:
· Ability to assist in securing additional funding and the diversification of funding sources
· Ability to assist in setting the fundraising strategy of the organisation and in setting and monitoring performance fundraising targets
· Ability to facilitate networking opportunities with potential donors, Corporations or other funding streams.
Please see the full description for more details